Wednesday, June 25, 2008

But I HATE Shopping...

Dear Glinda:

I have been reading your columns and I think your advice is pretty good. However, I don’t think you would be able to help me because I hate to shop. All the advice in the world isn’t going to change the fact that I cannot stand shopping. How am I supposed to change?

Brenda

Brenda:

It may be hard for some readers to believe but there are people out there who hate shopping. Believe it or not but I used to hate shopping too (loved clothes hated the actual shopping). I looked around at everyone else I knew and wondered why I hated it and they all loved it so much. It wasn’t until one day I had to go out and buy something at the last minute that I had a light bulb moment. I HATED shopping with other people. When I would go shopping by myself it was more fun and I could move on and do whatever I wanted.

Your problem could be as simple as that OR you may hate shopping because you have no clue what to wear or what looks good on your body. You didn’t say in your letter but I have to wonder if you feel uncomfortable with your body and just have the mindset that regardless of what you do you will look bad in clothes.

Do you maybe hate actually shopping centers? I hate them too. I tend to focus on shopping online. I find that its easier to find things online than it is in a store. It allows me to look on my own time, try on clothes in my own home and return whatever doesn’t work.

I hope I was able to raise some good questions to help you get to the root of your hate of shopping. If you get to the root of what is stopping you from shopping it will help you transform hate to love.

Fashionably,

Glinda

No comments:

 
Site Meter