Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grey Hair -Okay or No Way?

Glinda –
How do you feel about women having long, gray hair after 50 (my hair comes below my shoulders). I like my grey hair and I’ve always had long hair, but my friends are telling me its time to cut and color my hair. What do you think?
Jane Grey


Dear Jane –
Hmm this is a toughie. First things first if you hair is just a straight cut I would recommend adding in some layers to give your hair some more movement. A simple layered cut can do wonders for transforming a hair style.

My other concern would be if the grey is washing you out. I would ask your friends if they want you to cut and color your hair because they feel it’s dated, dating you or washing you out. If the reason is that it’s got no pizzazz and is washing you out then I would recommend you do something. Like I said a simple layered cut can help a lot however if your friends tell you the grey hair is washing you out you may need to do some color. I wouldn’t jump in and race back to your old hair color. A good hair dresser would probably recommend going lighter or maybe just adding in some highlights to help you look your best.

I ultimately don’t believe in giving in to peer pressure and I think it’s important to find your own self and what you love about yourself. I have a few grey hairs in the front of my hair and I love them. I think it adds character to my hair. Everyone else is always trying to yank them out or to get me to dye hair. My grey hair bothers them but it doesn’t bother me. So like I said find out if your friends want you to cut and color because they are bothered by your grey hair or if there is some real aesthetic concern here

Fashionably,

Glinda

No comments:

 
Site Meter