Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's a Sweetheart?

Dear Glinda,

I think your site is great! I especially like the section on Necklines. I always read descriptions in books of styles, but they don't really tell me what they are. Now I know what each neckline looks like. One that I haven't seen and am still curious about – What is a sweetheart neckline?

Cristina

Dear Cristina,

Great question! I didn’t include the sweetheart neckline in the fashion dictionary because it is fairly uncommon outside of formal wear.

Basically the sweetheart neckline looks like the top of a heart shape. The neckline can be strapless or have straps but it mostly commonly accompanies a halter style.

Image from www.midnightglamour.com

The sweetheart neckline is universally flattering as it provides ample coverage of the bust and its plunging style streamlines the figure. Also the eye follows the shape of "heart" and it makes your bust look fuller and more ample (always good, right?).

Like I said, the sweetheart neckline tends to be most common in formal wear but it is showing up in some more casual styles. Typically in a casual style the neckline is less prominent. So keep an eye out for it when you shop. Like I said it is a universally flattering style.



Fashionably,

Glinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really Glin? a BLACK dress? it's "this year's pink!", right?

 
Site Meter