Friday, May 23, 2008

Casual Office Conundrum

Ask Glinda:

I work in a casual environment (you know jeans are okay that sort of thing). I feel like my wardrobe vaults between sloppy and too dressy. How can I find a good middle ground?

-Lost in New York

Well Lost:

You shall be lost no more. You need to build a good basics closet. I too have had casual environments and often found it hard to not look sloppy. First thing- I would invest in some well fitting t-shirts in basic colors. I would also get some well fitting jeans in dark denim. These two things together will look good and polished even though its just jeans and t-shirts. The goal is to look sophisticated. You can work that look with simple pieces like dark trouser jeans, well fitting sweaters, cardigans, good structured blouses. Top it off with some pretty jewelry and cute shoes and you’ll be good to go.

Fashionably,

Glinda

No comments:

 
Site Meter